In Asia countries, Shahi Mutton masala recipes are very popular. This recipe is made on different occasions. Everyone eats this food with great pleasure.
These foods contain a variety of spices such as tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, Sour yogurt, chili, ghee, and many more. It is usually eaten with rice or roti or paratha.
What is shahi mutton masala?
Shahi mutton masala is one of the best rich and high-protein foods in our country. The spices that are usually used in this give a royal flavor. It is also made with lamb or mutton, which is the main ingredient of this dish.
In different countries and regions, it is made in different ways and The spices used vary from country to country. The Shahi Mutton masala is made with lamb/mutton meat, various spices, ghee, and tomatoes. Everyone loves to eat it because of its nutritional value.
Benefits of mutton/lamb
Mutton or lamb is a source of high protein. It also contains a lot of vitamins Which works to produce the nutrients the body needs, Its have also minerals, iron, zinc Which increases our body’s immune system It helps children gain weight and height, regular consumption In the right amount of Mutton may help to increase energy to work and performance.
Mutton contains Vitamin B which helps in reducing body fat. Those who want to be slim can put it on their food list, This is less bad fat than beef For which it is kept in Diet.
For pregnant women it’s a very good source of protein, It works very well for mother and baby, It works to keep the blood circulation in order Which is very necessary for a pregnant woman.
The presence of vitamins in lamb/Mutton meat helps in strengthening the bones of the body, Which is more suitable for children, women, and the elderly.
It is more like other diseases like blood pressure, Stroke, and low sodium helps protect us from this. It’s also. It keeps the kidney disease away.
Mutton/lamb have Vitamin B12 which is working very well for our body, Which reduces the chances of having a stroke and Eliminates frustration.
Extra Tips For Shahi Mutton Masala Recipe:
Always try to use tomatoes, If you don’t have tomato paste, cut fresh tomatoes and mix them well. Because even if you give chopped tomatoes, it will give the same flavor.
Try to Add a small amount of sugar to this dish. Sugar helps to balance the spices in this food. Because all the spices I have used here have no sweet flavor And the sour taste in tomatoes and sour yogurt is eliminated in the right way.
To increase the broth, the quality of water should be increased, Because it is cooked for a long time, its broth dries up For this the amount of water has to be increased.
Lemon Juice and coriander leaves can be added during serving. Because a fresh aroma of lemon enhances the taste of this food to a great extent and the color and freshness of the fresh cinnamon leaves add another dimension to this dish.
It is better to cook it slowly on Gas or stove, if the mutton masala is cooked in a pressure cooker it loses the real Sahi taste. But if time is short then you can use a pressure cooker, cook for 30 min and serve very quickly.
Recommended recipe: Mughlai Chicken Recipe
- 1 kg mutton
- salt to test
- Ginger paste 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 2 teaspoons
- Sour yogurt 1/2 cup
- cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon
- Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
- Ghee 5 tablespoons (add shahi flavor )
- onion 6 to 7 medium size sliced.
- Mace Spice powder 1 teaspoon
- nutmeg powder 1 teaspoon
- Green cardamom 3 or 4 pieces
- cinnamon 1 or 2 inch
- cloves 3 or 4
- Bay leaves 2 or 3 pieces
- sugar 1 teaspoon ( optional)
- Ginger paste 2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste 2 tablespoon
- Green chili paste 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- red chili powder 2 tablespoon
- coriander powder 3 tablespoon
- Tomato paste 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Hot water 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- fried Onion for garnishing
- Take a mixing bowl and add mutton, Ginger paste 2 teaspoons, Garlic paste 2 teaspoons, Sour yogurt 1/2 cup, cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon, Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon, salt to test mix it well and marinate for at least 30 to 40 minutes.
- Take a deep pan on medium flame and add Ghee 5 tablespoons, bay leaves 2 pieces, cinnamon 1 or 2 inches, cloves 3 or 4, green cardamom 3 or 4 pieces and fry for 1 minute after fried then add sliced onion 6 to 7 medium size and stirring for 2 minutes then add ginger paste, garlic paste, green chili paste, Salt to taste and stir for 2 minutes more.
- After cooking all spices add marinated mutton, mix it well and cook for 10 minutes on medium-high heat flame then low down the heat and again cook for 20 to 25 minutes and Keep stirring for a while.
- Add the mace spice powder, nutmeg powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder. Mix it well and cook for 15 to 20 minutes on medium-high heat then add tomato paste, sugar 1 tablespoon and cook for 10 minutes.
- After cooking for 10 minutes add hot water and cook for 5 minutes then cover and cook for 25 minutes more until the mutton is tender and soft. If you want more gravy then add some hot water and cook for 2 minutes. Check if everything is ok or not.
- After checking add garam masala and mix it well now pour some fried Onion for garnishing. And your mutton masala is ready. Serve it with rice or your choice.