In this recipe, you will learn how to make a Spicy Red Momo Chutney. This chutney is enjoyed as an appetizer or as a side dish. The flavor of the momo and the spices in the chutney make it exciting and delicious.
The chutney is a condiment used to enhance the taste of the momo. Traditionally, chutney is served with momo as an appetizer or main course. If you are looking for a delicious and spicy chutney perfect for your next party, then this recipe is for you.
Tips For Spicy Red Momo Chutney recipe
- It would help if you had to take out the seeds from the inside of the chilies. Because it will feel less spicy, but the recipe color will be correct. However, if you want to eat a lot of spices, then do not separate the seeds.
- In this recipe, sesame oil is an optional ingredient. You can easily avoid it, but if you use it, it gives a Chinese flavor and enhances the sauce taste.
- Chopped onion 1 piece
- Dry red chilies 12 to 15 thick pieces
- Tomatoes sauce or ketchup ½ cups
- Chopped garlic 2 tablespoons
- Chopped ginger tablespoons
- Vinegar 2 tablespoons
- Soya sauce 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper 1/4 teaspoons
- Lemon juice 1/2 teaspoons
- Sesame oil 1 tablespoons (optional)
- Hot water 1 cup
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- First, you have to take out the seeds from the inside of the chilies and put them in a bowl, add onion, pour hot water, and soak them for 30 to 40 minutes.
- When it becomes soft and cold, then the chili grind in a grainy way.
- Now, take a frying pan, put some oil, add chopped garlic and ginger, and give a quick stir and fry them for 2 minutes.
- After frying for 2 minutes then add chili onion paste and stir it well. Then add soya sauce, vinegar, salt, sugar and cooked it for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add sesame oil, tomatoes sauce and mix it and cook for 2 minutes more. Now the best Spicy Red Momo Chutney is ready. You can store it in a fridge for 1 month.