Rosgulla is one of the best and typical sweets which almost every family likes. One of Rasgolla’s favorite flavors is the orange flavor. It is made by cuddling the milk with orange juice and then separating the chenna /paneer /Bangla cottage cheese, making balls, and boiling in orange flavor sugar syrup.
This sweet originated from Bangla, but it’s become a favorite all over the county for this juicy texture. So if you want to try the best orange flavor rosgulla then try our easy and perfect orange flavour rosgulla recipe.
What is Orange flavor Rasgulla:
Orange flavor rasgulla is one kind of orange color rasagulla made with Chena, orange food color, orange juice, and orange essence. The color and texture of this rasagolla are similar to orange, but there is no compromisation with the softness, taste, and quality.
This sweet is called by various names in different areas like Komola Vog, Komola kodomo, Bangalibari, etc. Rasgulla is a South Asian syrup dessert. It is popular in Bangladesh, the Indian subcontinent, and South Asian countries.
History of rosogolla:
Famous Odisha poet Balaram Das wrote a poem named Dandi Ramayana in which he first mentioned the word “Rasagolla.” At the then time, this rasagolla was offered to Maa Laxmi by Lord Jagannath, and this ritual named Niladri Bije is also continuing to present times.
Later in 2018, Odisha also applied for the GI accreditation since their manufacturing process, color, juice texture, taste are all different. And their application was also approved by the GI registry of India and Odisha Subcontinent in July 2019.
History of Pure Bengali Rasagolla:
Since 1868, after many contradictions and opinions, West Bengal has been acclaimed the true origin of the Rasagolla. Rasagolla has also achieved GI (Geographical Indications) tag after successfully applying the West Bengal Government.
This particular variant is called “Banglar Rosogolla,” which is different from the ancient rosogolla of Odisha both in appearance, taste, and texture since the secret is hidden in the manufacturing.
When the name of Rosogolla comes, a man named Nabin Chandra Das also comes along with as the remarkable founder of his kind unique, and peculiar version of rasagolla. This family keeps continuing the legacy of the rasagolla to date.
Rasagolla Utsob is a festival celebrated in West Bengal each year on 28 December by the local government. On that day, they make so many different types of their natural and local authentic rasagulla and celebrate the fact that they are the inventor of pure Bengali Rasagulla with so much joy.
Though ‘Rasagolla Dibasa’ is also a festival celebrated by the Odisha government, they acclaim that they are the inventor of their particular kind of rasagolla.
Tips For Orange Flavour Rasgulla Recipe:
- In this recipe, it takes a significant number of sugar syrup for rasgulla. But after making rasgulla we can use the syrup in any type of orange flavor sweet dish. So it does not waste sugar syrup.
- To strain the water, you have to use a fragile cloth link muslin cloth that is very thin and perfect for strain the water and holding the Chena. The milk is not wasted, and the Chena is not wasted.
- Always try when you dough the Chena. It should be slightly hot because if the Chena becomes cold, it will ripen into lumps, and it will be scorched then, the balls will not be soft and smooth, and the syrup will not get inside the balls well. So it should be used in mildly hot conditions.
- In the future, you can use sour milk water for making cracking milk. The Chena that will be made with this water will be softer and smoother.
- Do not apply too much force when dough the Chena. By doing this, the milk will release its fat, and the rasgulla will not be perfect.
- When you make sugar syrup, you have to ensure that the sugar juice will be thick, but there will be no Sticky sensation because, for this, the syrup gets inside the rasgulla better.
- When the rasgulla balls were boiling in sugar syrup, you can add flour mix (2 tablespoons all-purpose flour mix with normal water and make a smooth flour mix) in the middle syrup. In this way, the foam will be made on rasgulla, and it will cook from above.
- When the rasgulla boils, you will sprinkle water after a while. This will not make the juice thicker, and the rasgulla will be cooked just like perfect.
For Orange flavor Rasgull Balls:
- Whole fat Milk 1 liter
- Orange juices 1 cup
- Sugar ½ tablespoons
- All-purpose flour 1 tablespoons
- Orange food color 1teaspoons
For Orange flavor Rasgulla Syrup:
- Orange zest 1 tablespoons
- Orange essence 1 tablespoons
- Water 4 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
- Orange food color 1teaspoons
- Salt to taste
For Orange Rasgull Balls:
- Take 2 oranges, then cut and squeeze the juice in a cup and make 1 cup fresh orange juice.
- It has now boiled milk in a wok on medium flame. Stir the milk until it’s adequately boiled.
- When milk is boiled, please turn off the flame, mix orange juice little by little with the milk, and stir it very slowly until the milk becomes curdle and leaves the water.
- After that, take a strainer, cover it with a thin cloth, strain the milk water and wash it with water very well. Squeeze out all the water keep it for 12 to 15 minutes, and make a chena.
- Now on a mixing plate, knead the chena for 5 to 10 minutes until it’s become a soft and smooth dough. Add 2 drops of orange food color, all-purpose flour, sugar and mix it with the milk dough.
- Make balls with the orange color dough as much you can and keep it aside.
For Orange flavor Rasgulla Syrup and Rasgulla:
- In a wok, add sugar and water and boiled it for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- After boiling the sugar, add orange zest, orange essence, and orange food color. Mixed it well and boiled for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Then add cardamom powder and salt to taste.
- Now add the rosgulla balls in the sugar syrup, cover the wok and cook it for 15 to 20 minutes on medium flame.
- After boiling the sweet balls, keep them in sugar syrup for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Now the Orange flavor rasgulla is ready to eat. Served the rasgulla in a serving bowl and enjoyed it with your friends and family.