If you get bored eating the same kind of chicken curry, here is the Mughlai Chicken recipe which will bring innovation and new taste to your food.
Mughlai chicken is a kind of soft and creamy chicken curry where the right mix of different types of spices, creams, and sour yogurt makes this dish incomparable and those who like to eat chicken korma will love this dish very much.
Do you know, how to make Mughlai Chicken at home? In this article, you will learn the Mughlai Chicken recipe with step-by-step instructions.
What is Mughlai chicken?
Mughlai chicken is a type of chicken curry that is the most popular food of the Mughal period. This soft and creamy dish is made with a variety of aromatic spices and sour yogurt and onions.
This Mughlai chicken is a thousand-year-old tradition. The Mughals kings used to eat this food on their special day. So, it can be said this dish comes from Mughlai cuisine.
By Mughal cuisine, we mean all the recipes that come from the Mughals Empire. But day by day there is a change in its cooking now Mughal cuisine is a mix of Indian and Persian cuisine.
Mughlai cuisine was dependent on the heavy use of almond, cashew nuts, curd, milk, cream, butter, and aromatic spices. This cuisine is full of rich high protein which can help increase our immunity system.
Benefits of Mughlai Chicken
Mughlai Chicken uses different types of nuts. We know that almonds are rich in vitamins that help our hair, skin, and intelligence to develop.
Fresh cream is used in the Mughlai chicken recipe. we all know that cream is a good source of protein its work on our bone strong, boost our immunity, improving eye health and also keep our brain health.
The Main ingrain of Mughlai chicken is Chicken. Chicken is a great source of rich protein and a substitute for red meats.it can help with our weight management and reduce heart disease risk. It also works on our perfect muscles.
This Mughlai Chicken dish gets our mood butter. Because Chicken has the amino acid tryptophan which is linked to the feel-good hormone in our brain. So, it reduces Frustration and keeps our body healthy.
Sour yogurt has nearly all kind of nutrients that our body want. It’s very helpful for weight loss and increases the immunity system. Yogurt is also good for our heart health. We get the benefits of yogurt from this recipe.
Extra Tips For Mughlai Chicken Recipe:
Always try to used Nuts (Almond & Cashew). Because nuts give the recipe a rich flavor and enhance the Mughlai taste and make it creamier.
Try to add a small amount of sugar to this dish. Sugar helps to balance the spices in this food. Because all the spices I have used here have no sweet flavor and the sour taste in tomatoes and sour yogurt is eliminated in the right way.
To increase the broth, the quality of water should be increased, because it is cooked for a long time, its broth dries up for this the amount of water has to be increased.
Lemon Juice and coriander leaves can be added during serving. Because a fresh aroma of lemon enhances the taste of this food to a great extent and the color and the freshness of the fresh cinnamon leaves add another dimension to this dish.
It is better to use chicken stock instead of water Because the light spices in it and the smell of chicken increase its taste many times more.
If you don’t have cream, you can also use full cream milk or increase the number of nuts and blend it well with normal milk. Which will fill the lack of cream in this recipe.
- Chicken 1 kg
- Sour yogurt 1 cup
- Garlic paste 1/2tablespoons
- Ginger Paste 1/2 tablespoons
- Black paper 1/4 teaspoons
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoons
- Kashmiri red chili powder 1/2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoons
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoons
- Cinnamon powder 1/2 teaspoons
- Cardamon powder 1/2 teaspoons
- Ghee 5 tablespoons (add shahi flavor)
- Almond, cashew nut 6 to 7 pieces paste
- Onion 2 to 3 medium size sliced.
- Mace Spice powder 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder 1 teaspoon
- Green cardamon 2 or 3 pieces
- Cinnamon 1 or 2 inch
- Cloves 2 or 3
- Bay leaves 2 or 3 pieces
- Sugar 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Ginger paste 2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste 2 tablespoons
- Green chili pastes 2 tablespoons
- Cumin pastes 1 table
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Cream ½ cup
- Hot water ½ cup
- Fried Onion ½ cup
- Salt to taste
For garnishing ingredient:
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Lemon juices
- Take a mixing bowl and add chicken, sour yogurt, garlic paste, ginger Paste, black paper, cumin powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, Turmeric powder, Lemon juice, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, salt to test mix it well and marinate for at least 20 to 30 minutes. It is better if it is marinated for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Take a deep pan on medium flame and add ghee, bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, green cardamom and fry for 1 minute after fried then add sliced onion medium size and stir until it comes to light brown then add ginger paste, garlic paste, green chili paste, cumin paste, salt to taste and stir for 2 minutes more.
- After cooking all spices add marinated chicken, mix it well, and cook for 10 minutes on medium-high heat flame then low down the heat and add fresh cream again cook for 2 to 5 minutes, and Keep stirring for a while. Add the mace spice powder, nutmeg powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and Kashmiri red chili powder mix it well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on medium-high heat then add almond and cashew paste, sugar, and cook for 5 minutes.
- After cook for 5 minutes add hot water and cook for 5 minutes then cover and add fried onion cook 5 minutes more until the chicken is tender and soft if you want more gravy then add some hot water and cook for 2 minutes. Check for everything is ok or not.
- After checking add garam masala and mix it well now pour it on a serving plate garnished with lemon juices and chopped coriander leaves and your Mughlai Chicken is ready. Serve it with plain rice, butter naan, roti, or paratha.