When it comes to pizza, there’s no wrong way to go. Whether you want a classic cheese and tomato pizza or something with a bit of a twist like Italian chicken pizza, you can indeed find a version that suits your taste.
Italian Chicken Pizza is one of the easiest and most popular pizzas you can make at home. In this blog post, I am sharing a delicious and easy Italian chicken pizza recipe that is perfect for any time of the day.
Using simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you can have a delicious and nutritious pizza that you and your family will love.
About Italian chicken pizza recipe
Nowadays, Italian chicken pizza is trendy because it is as easy to make as tasty as it is to eat. The best part is that it is made with simple ingredients that you likely have on hand.
This pizza is lighter and takes less time to make than other pizzas. This recipe is made with chicken breasts that are marinated in a savory and spicy sauce. Then, it is topped with mozzarella cheese, veggies, and some oregano and baked to perfection. This pizza is a HIT with the family and is perfect for any special occasion.
So in this blog, I share how I can easily make this pizza, which pizza sauce is better, and share some important knowledge about Italian chicken pizza. I hope you like it.
What is in a traditional Italian pizza?
A lot is going on in a traditional Italian chicken pizza, which is why this is the most popular type of pizza globally. A few key ingredients make up a traditional Italian chicken pizza: chicken, sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Italian seasoning.
The chicken is cooked and then added to the sauce, spread over the pizza dough. Mozzarella cheese is then added before the pizza is baked. Italian seasoning gives it that authentic Italian flavor.
Other toppings that can add to a chicken pizza include mushrooms, green pepper, and onions. And, of course, you can always add your favorite pizza sauce or toppings to personalize it to your taste.
Whether you’re in the mood for a quick and easy meal or something that will bring you back to your childhood pizza nights, a chicken pizza is a great option!
Can you put raw chicken on pizza?
In my opinion, it would not be right to use raw chicken in pizza. Pizza takes much less time to make, so if you use raw chicken, it will not cook properly.
Since it is not fully cooked, raw chicken may contain harmful bacteria that can make you sick. So, in my opinion, instead of using raw chicken in pizza, it is better to cook the chicken with some spices as you like beforehand.
What are the traditional pizza toppings in Italy?
Italian pizza is a beloved dish worldwide, and for a good reason. Which is loaded with flavor and cheese. There are some of the most famous Italian pizza toppings include:
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Feta cheese
- Green peppers
There are endless possibilities for creating Italian pizza, so be sure to try something new every time you cook.
Do you cook vegetables before putting them on pizza?
Cooking vegetables before putting them on pizza is not a good idea because the kind of vegetables used in pizza does not need to cook.
Since pizza cooks in a high hit, the vegetables are cooked quickly, and it has a crunchy feel, which is very good to taste. However, in the case of meat, it must be cooked and used
Which pizza sauce is better?
There are many varieties types of pizza sauces available on the market. Below is the best pizza sauce:
1. Ragu pizza sauce: I use Ragu pizza sauce which is budget-friendly, and it can be found in any super shop.
2. Rao’s pizza sauce: After Ragu, I think Rao’s is best. It is made with fresh tomatoes and has a slightly sweet and sour flavor, perfect for pizza.
3. Arby’s pizza sauce: Arby’s is one of the best options. It is made with garlic, olive oil, and spices, and it has a robust flavor that is perfect for pizza.
4. Papa John’s pizza sauce: If you are looking for a mushroom-based sauce, then Papa John’s offers the best option. It is made with fresh mushrooms and has a slightly cheesy flavor, perfect for pizza.
5. DiGiorno’s Classic Tomato Sauce: DiGiorno’s Classic Tomato Sauce is made with tomatoes, garlic, onions, and olive oil and enriched with lycopene. It has a little bit of sweet and savory flavor that is perfect for pizza lovers who want something that is both versatile and flavorful.
6. Contadina Pizza Squeeze Original Pizza Sauce: It’s the best pizza sauce for kids. It contains less spice, sugar, tomato paste, making it delicious, flavorful pizza sauce, which is perfect for making pizza.
7. Don Pepino Pizza Sauce: Don Pepino is one of the popular options, it is suitable for everyone, and it can easily find any super shop and market.
8. Paesana Classic Pizza Sauce: This sauce is the best-Jarred pizza sauce. If you are looking for jarred pizza sauce, you can use this sauce to give good flavor to your pizza and, more taster.
The secret tips of Italian pizza recipe
1. Making dough, I use my hands. You can use an electric blender for a minute (available on Amazon) for better results.
2. All the pizza sauces I’m talking about are available in super shops and Amazon. So you can buy them or follow my Bangladeshi pizza recipe where I give pizza sauce recipes. So, seeing that, you can make pizza sauce at home.
3. Italian pizza is very thin, so when making pizza, take the dough and make thin bread as much you want.
4. Tomatoes are essential in this dish, so if you don’t have tomatoes in pizza sauce, you can tomato slice like a pizza topping.
5. You can make pizza dough one day in advance then, Place your dough into an oiled bowl or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight before rolling out.
6. Try to use good quality flour in this recipe because the better it is, the better the pizza will taste.
Read also: Bangladeshi Pizza Recipe
For the pizza dough
- Dried yeast 1.5 teaspoons
- Warm water 1.5 cup or as required (lukewarm)
- Dry milk powder 3 tsp.
- Sugar 1 tsp.
- Salt ½ tsp.
- Flour 3.5 cup
- Oil 2 tsp.
(You can make 3 medium size pizzas with this amount of dough)
- Boneless chicken 15 small pieces
- Lemon juice 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1 tsp.
- Black pepper 2 tsp.
- Soy sauce 2 tsp.
- Garlic powder 1 tsp. (optional)
For pizza topping
- Chicken sausage 4 pieces
- A mushroom sliced handful.
- Green Capsicum 1 medium size
- Yellow Capsicum 1 medium size
- Red Capsicum 1 medium size
- Black olive sliced 1/3 cup
- Onion medium-cut fold-out 5 to 6 pieces
- Ragu pizza sauce
- Parmesan cheese 2 tbsp.
- Mozzarella cheese as much you like
- Dry rosemary
- Dry parsley (optional)
- Chili flakes
- Olive oil (optional)
For the pizza dough
- In a bowl, pour warm water, add yeast and sugar, mix well and keep aside for yeast froth up.
- Now, add flour, dry milk powder, and salt to a mixing bowl. Mix them well.
- Add the yeast mixture and some warm water as required, mix them well and knead into a soft dough.
- Now add oil and knead until it’s become soft and make a round shape. Apply a little oil on the dough surface, cover it with a raping or plastic paper (available on Amazon), and rest it for 30 to 45 minutes.
For chicken and vegetables
- Add chicken pieces, salt, sugar, black pepper, soy sauce, lemon juice, and garlic pepper in a bowl. Mix them well and give it rest for 10 minutes minimum.
- Then set a pan in a medium-high hit, fry the rested chicken until it’s become golden brown and cooked 90%. Off the flame and keep it aside for later use.
- Now, cut the all-vegetable chicken sausage in a small piece used as a pizza topping and shred the Parmesan and mozzarella cheese as much you want to use in your pizza. (You can also use feta cheese)
Assemble the pizza
- Take Pre-prepared pizza dough, puncture the dough's air, and knead once again. Make a smoothen, cut the dough into three same-size balls, and take one dough for one 10 inches pizza.
- Now, first, you have to preheat the oven to 250C. Sprinkle some flour and flatten the dough on the ball with hands or roller into a flat thin pizza bread about 10 inches by the time.
- Take a pizza plate, sprinkle some flour on it, and place the pizza bread over it.
- Apply the pizza sauces and Parmesan cheese all over the pizza bread, then add the pre-fried chicken pieces, mushroom, sausage, onion, all capsicums, and black olive One after another.
- Then, cover it with mozzarella cheese. Add some pizza sauce again and sprinkle some olive oil, dry rosemary, oregano, dry parsley, and chili flakes on top.
- Bake the pizza at 250c for 10 minutes, and your Italian chicken pizza is ready to serve.