Masala badam/almond milk is one of the tastes and healthy almond flavor beverage drinks. This drink is loaded with a nutritious cream. This rich and energy drink is very popular for kids but people of all ages love to eat it.
Masala badam/almond milk can be served cold on hot summer days or hot on winter days. I have always loved chilled masala badam milk in summer.
This drink is not only flavored with nuts but also flavored with cardamom, saffron, nutmeg, rose water, and kewra water. In this recipe, I use 3 kinds of nuts Which increases the nutrition in this food a thousand times more. And you will learn how to make Masala Badam Milk Recipe at home.
What is Masala Badam Milk:
Masala badam/almond milk is an Indian milk beverage. It was made with a lot of nuts and milk, the nuts used by soaking or blending and adding them into hot or cold cow milk.
This drink has been administered since ancient times, In the royal family, this badam milk was eaten more. They thought it would increase their ability to work and give more energy.
This drink is rich in nuts and milk so it helps to increase the intelligence and strength of the body. The popularity of this badam milk has not diminished since ancient times.
Rather it has improved more day by day. In different places, it is made in different ways. However, the way it is cooked, this masala badam milk is very tasty to drink.
Why this is the best Masala Badam Milk:
In this recipe, I use 3 types of nuts, Cashew nuts, Pistachios, Almonds. Which gives the best flavor and nutrition. It also makes milk creamy, for this, the masala badam milk becomes a very thick and heavy drink.
In here I used nuts powder, cashew nut paste, and slices nuts, which can give all kinds of nuts flavors, which makes this masala badam milk more testable and healthier.
Rosewater and kewra water have been used in this masala badam milk recipe for adding a rich aroma, which makes this drink more tempting and everyone’s favorite.
In this recipe, I make milk masala powder that can be preserved, for this, you can easily make masala badam milk whenever you want which can be hot or cold.
Benefits of Masala Badam Milk
The benefits of masala badam/almond milk are many, Its ingredients are very nutritious, even then, some of its benefits and quality are discussed below:
Almond: Almond is a very good source of healthy fats and fiber. Which does not increase any bad body fat, rather it helps to provide energy to our body.
Almonds are rich in protein and magnesium which increase the strength of our brain. And enhances the ability to remember. Doctors say that eating 4 to 5 pieces of soaked almond every day increases the energy capacity of the brain.
Almonds contain vitamin E; this is why we get a good quality of vitamin e from these almonds. Eating almonds regularly is very good for the body.
It keeps our eyes, hair, teeth, and Brian A healthy, which makes hair thicker, and shiny. Increases the brightness of the eyes, also helps for lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure.
Almond can help lower cholesterol levels. Those who are on a diet course can also eat this because it reduces our hunger and maintains our weight loss
Pistachios: Pistachios is containing high levels of unsaturated fatty acids and potassium. It can reduce our cardiovascular disease. Pistachio is a good source of minerals, good fat, and fiber which can help manage our blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar.
Cashew nuts: Cashews nuts are one of the best sources of rich fiber, healthy fat, plant protein, and low sugar. It’s also had manganese, magnesium, and copper. It has to contain supper nutrients like production of energy, immunity, make our bone more heather, and also good for our brine health.
Turmeric: Turmeric is the most active curcumin and compound. Turmeric specialty and proven by scientific that is very good for our health benefits. It contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidants. It also can help for improving heart health, and cancer. It also works to cure colds. Its benefits of healing the wounds of the body are incomparable.
Milk: Milk is a good source of nutrients. It’s packed with all the good benefits. it has calcium, vitamin B, phosphorus, vitamin D, and many more. Its main source of protein. Drinking milk regularly helps to maintain our brain health, strong bone and also manage a healthy weight.
The secret of Masala Badam Milk Recipe
In masala milk powder you can use some black paper. The black paper adds a different test to it. Because all the ingredients are sweet, it gives a good flavor.
Try to use cashew nuts paste, it gives a creamier texture in this recipe. Most of the restaurants add cone flour in badam milk for thickness but I use cashew nut for better taste.
The masala powder can be used to make hot milk and cold masala milk. after making the powder you can store it in an airtight container on a refrigerator for 1 to 2 months.
You can use jaggery Instead of sugar, it is good for the body and those who are on a diet course will also be able to eat it. It will also give a much better flavor. Once the milk is swollen, then you can use the jaggery. Then the jaggery will mix well.
If you are a vegan then use almond milk instead of cow milk. you can buy almond milk or make it home with some easy stapes. For making almond milk you have to soak the almonds in warm water then deskinned it add water (Three times as much water as nuts will have to use), ground to a smooth paste, and strain Then you can use it as you want.
Try to use a pinch of salt in this recipe. It works even if you don’t use it but, in my opinion, it is better to use salt because it helps to balance the sweetness and also helps for enhancing the perfect taste of the badam milk.
If you don’t want the rose water and kewra water that has been added to this recipe, you can skip them. this water is adding an extra aroma to this recipe. I prefer to use it but if you don’t have this ingredient then you can remove it.
For the masala milk powder:
- Cashew nuts 1 cup
- Pistachios 1 cup
- Almonds 1 cup
- Nutmeg powder 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder 1.5 teaspoons
- Saffron 1 teaspoon
- Cardamon 20 pieces
- Milk powder ½ cup
For The Masala Almond Milk:
- Milk 2 liters
- Cashew nuts 8 to 10 pieces
- Saffron water 2 tablespoon
- Sugar ½ cup
- Pistachio slice 2 tablespoons
- Almond slice 2 tablespoons
- Rosewater 1 tablespoons
- Kewra water 1 teaspoons
- Water ½ cup
- Pinch of salt
Cashew nuts: Use fresh and big size cashew nuts. It must be fried before use or pre-fried nuts can also be used. (Cashew nut should be boiled while making almond milk)
Pistachios: In pistachio has High levels of unsaturated fatty acids and potassium which is very good for our health Using it increases the goodness and taste of milk. Try to use it. (Pistachio slice be used in making the almond milk)
Almonds: The most important ingredient in this recipe is Almond. It should be dry before use. Packaged fried Almonds cannot be used as they already contain cloves. (Its slice be used in making the almond milk)
Nutmeg powder: Nutmeg powder gives a strong flavor. You can use packet nutmeg powder it’s easily available in the store or you can grate nutmeg at home and use it.
Turmeric powder: Turmeric powder is good for our immunity system and gives many health benefits. It goes well with milk, always try to use good quality and fresh turmeric powder.
Saffron: Here the whole saffron or liquid saffron can be used in two ways. I soaked 6 to 8 pieces of saffron in the water and then I used two teaspoons of it.
Cardamon: I used the whole cardamon on this but you can remove the cover of the cardamon and use only the seeds.
Milk powder: Milk powder is optional. I’m using it for batter texture and taste, if you don’t want it, you can skip this ingredient.
Rosewater: Use good branded rose water on it. Because rose water gives an awesome aroma, which makes this food even better and more flavorful.
Kewra water: Kewra water gives a cool flavor and Ayurveda has been told about this quality. It cannot be used for more than one teaspoon because using more of it can ruin the recipe.
Water: It’s used for boiling the cashew nut.
Sugar: It is best if you can use sugar-free sugar. But if you use regular sugar then it is better to use powdered sugar. It mixes easily.
Salt: Use a pinch of salt in this recipe. It helps to balance the sweetness of this milk and also helps for increasing the perfect taste.
For the masala milk powder:
- First I take a pan and set it on medium flame then roast almond, pistachio, and cashew nut it gives extra crunch while it grinding and adds awesome flavor.
- After roasting for 4 to 5 minutes turn off the flame, pour them in a blow and cool it down.
- Take a grinder and add roasted almond, pistachio, and cashew nuts, saffron, nutmeg powder, turmeric, milk powder, and cardamoms. milk powder gives extra creaminess if you don’t want to use it then you can skip this ingredient. But I prefer to use it.
- Now grind all ingredients, make a fine powder, and the masala milk powder is ready, now you can easily store it in an air-tight container and you can keep it refrigerated for later use, it stays good for up to 1 month. Use it as much you want (I use 3 tablespoons for one-liter milk) when you make masala badam milk.
For The Masala Badam Milk:
- Set a pan in medium flame, add water, pour cashew nuts into the water, and blanch it very well. Once the cashew nuts are cooled grind them into a very fine paste.
- Now take another pan on low flame and boil the milk (when you boil the milk you need to stir occasionally and pay attention to it). After boiling the milk for 4 to 5 minutes add the masala powder ( I use 6 tablespoons for 2 liters,3 tablespoons for each liter of milk) mix it well.
- After that Add the cashew nut paste and add the saffron water for the color and flavor, boiled them for 5 minutes. Add in the sugar you can use sugar-free sugar if you want.
- Cook the milk on a low flame for 10 to 12 minutes, add another ingredient rose water, kewra water, and salt, and keep stirring for a minute. now add the chopped or sliced nuts for an extra bite because the masala badam milk is incomplete without the bite in it.
- After striking for 1-minute turn off the flame and leave the milk to cool for about 10 minutes or you can serve it hot, its taste is awesome in winter. if you drink it in hot summer then let the milk cook down to room temperature fridge it for 1 to 2 hours serving and enjoy the masala badam /almond milk.