Are you looking for a delicious, easy egg-fried rice with a chicken recipe? If so, then you’re in the right place. This quick and easy recipe will have your taste buds dancing in no time. This tasty dish will use the simple ingredients that you already have stocked up in your pantry. I guarantee that this egg-fried rice with the chicken recipe will make your mood happy and satisfy you.
About this recipe
Egg Fried Rice with Chicken Recipe is a simple and easy-to-make egg fried rice recipe with chicken. It can be served as an appetizer or main course depending on the number of people you are doing.
The key ingredients are eggs, rice, onions, green peppers, and chicken. To make this dish even more delicious, you can add some spices like chili powder or soy sauce while cooking it.
Which meat goes well with fried rice?
If you are looking for meat that goes well with fried rice, I suggest adding chicken. The combination of chicken and fried rice is perfect because it absorbs the juice from the chicken, making it delicious and tender.
Fried rice is a quick and easy dish that can be made in a short amount of time, making it an ideal meal for busy people, and it takes very little time to cook chicken which is best for this cooking.
Chicken is an excellent source of protein and can be paired with rice in many ways. It also adds flavor to the dish and is an excellent source of iron, which is necessary for blood cell production, and those who are more health-conscious can also use chicken because it has a much lower amount of cholesterol.
What are some healthy ingredients to add to this recipe?
Adding healthy ingredients to this Egg fried rice with chicken recipe can make it a more nutritious and enjoyable meal. Some of the best ingredients to add are chopped green onions, peas, and shredded chicken.
These items can add flavor and nutrients to the dish. Additionally, shredded carrots can be added for added sweetness and health benefits. Finally, a light sprinkle of salt and black pepper can give the dish a bit of flavor.
Why do you put eggs in fried rice?
Eggs help to bind the rice and other ingredients together, making them firmer and more consistent in texture. They also add a delicious richness and flavor to the dish that is hard to resist.
Additionally, eggs help create a crispy outer layer on the rice, which is a perfect complement to the tender and fluffy interior. Finally, eggs are a great source of flavor and nutrition, making them an ideal addition to any fried rice dish.
Tips for Egg Fried Rice With Chicken
- The only thing that needs to be kept in mind is not to overcook the eggs so they don’t become rubbery when cooked with the rest of the ingredients. You also need to make sure that your chicken is well-cooked before adding it to the dish because if it’s not, it will turn out dry when added into your egg-fried rice recipe for chicken.
- If you want, you can cook the rice the day before, and you can preserve it in the fridge, which you can take out of the refrigerator during cooking fried rice and use directly.
- Be careful when using salt, as it contains soy sauce so that it already has salt in it. So if the amount of salt is not correct, it can ruin the rice taste.
- I have used vegetables of my choice here. You can use the fresh vegetables of your choice if you want.
- You can increase or decrease the amount of chicken and egg if you want. The more chicken you have, the more taste it will be.
- I cook this fried rice with basmati rice. If you want, you can cook it using regular rice, Chini Gura rice, or any fragrant rice.
For cooking rice:
- Basmati rice 2 cups or 500 gm (raw)
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Water as required
- Chicken boneless slices 250 gm
- Black pepper powder ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cornstarch 2 tsp
- Egg 3 nos
- A pinch of salt
- Oil as require
- Garlic finely chopped 1 tbsp
- Ginger finely chopped ½ tbsp
- Onion 1 medium size chopped
- Spring onion ½ cup
- Carrot ½ cup
- Beans chopped ½ cup
- Green peas ½ cup
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Chili sauce or chili oil 1 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- White pepper powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
For cooking rice:
- Wash the rice 3 to 4 times or until all excess starch is washed off.
- Then take a bowl and soak the rice in freshwater for 30 minutes.
- Set a deep pan filled with water and boil it, add oil, soak rice and salt taste, stir and mix it well, and cook until it’s almost done or 95 %.
- Strain the excess water and keep the cooked rice aside for later use.
- Take a mixing bowl to add chicken pieces, salt, black pepper, and cornstarch. Combine them very well and marinate them for 15 minutes.
- Then set a pan, heat some oil, and add marinated chicken, leaving space between each piece.
- Fry them for 3 to 5 minutes or until it’s become a little golden browned.
- After frying, remove it from the pan and keep it aside in a bowl for later use.
- In the leftover oil, break the three eggs side by side sprinkle a pinch of salt.
- Scramble it and remove it from the pan and keep it aside on a plate for later use.
For egg fried rice with chicken:
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and sauté for a minute. When the onion becomes soft, then add garlic and ginger. Again sauté for a minute.
- Then add carrot, green peas, beans, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Now add sugar and a pinch of salt and sauté for a minute.
- Add white pepper powder, soy sauce, chili oil, or chili sauce and mix them well.
- Now add the cooked rice, eggs, and fried chicken. Sauté them or toss until they are combined evenly.
- Now cook it for 2 to 3 minutes and saute or toss occasionally.
- Add the spring onion sauté for a minute. Your egg-fried rice with chicken is ready. Now remove it on a serving plate and enjoy.