Chicken pizza is one of the popular recipes in Bangladesh. It is a traditional recipe from Italy and is famous for its wide range of toppings. Bangladeshi pizza is prepared using chicken as the main ingredient. It has many variations in both taste and shape. Here’s a simple yet delicious recipe to make Bangladeshi Pizza Recipe at home.
Many people like this delicious dish. it has become a global phenomenon. Although there are many types of pizza, chicken pizza is one of the popular recipes. This Chicken pizza recipe is easy to make and very tasty. You can serve it with any sauces you want.
Why is pizza famous in Bangladesh?
This Pizza is an all-time favorite among most people in Bangladesh. This recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy chicken in the form of Pizza.
One of the main reasons for its popularity is that it is made with various spices and herbs, which make it delicious and flavorful. The second reason this type of Pizza is so prevalent in Bangladesh is that most people don’t have time to prepare other types of food, and It takes very little time to make.
In Bangladesh, there are many small stores where food items are sold at affordable prices, and chicken pizza is one of them.
Best cooking method of Bangladeshi pizza
The best cooking method for this chicken Pizza is baking it in the oven.
This is because the oven can reach a higher temperature than a stovetop, and you will be able to cook it faster. The oven’s high heat also allows for more even browning, which helps make sure that your pizza crust cooks evenly.
The only drawback of baking your Pizza in the oven is that it requires a little bit more effort than cooking on the stovetop.
This method also gives you control over how your dish will turn out and how long it will take to cook. The downside of this method is that the cheese may become too brown, so be careful with that.
The secret of Bangladeshi pizza recipe
To make the perfect Bangladeshi chicken pizza recipe, you need to start with a thick and sturdy crust to hold all of the toppings. The best way to achieve this is by using a premade pizza dough or rolling out your dough.
You can create your pizza sauce by adding minced garlic, basil leaves, oregano, salt, and pepper in a food processor until smooth. You can also add any other herbs or spices that you want, such as thyme or rosemary.
I recommend using diced chicken breast instead of shredded mozzarella cheese for this recipe because it melts better without being too stringy and clumpy.
For perfect pizza bread, take out the dough from the refrigerator so that it can warm up before you start working with it.
You may also use leftover chicken, or you can cook a whole chicken in the oven if you want to save time.
I used those ingredients as toppings. You can add more if you want, like mushrooms, red or yellow capsicum, pickle, and many more ingredients.
For the pizza dough:
- Dried yeast 1.5 teaspoons
- Water 1.5 cup
- Sugar 1 teaspoons
- Salt 1 teaspoons
- Flour 3.5 cup
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- (You can make 3 medium size pizza with this amount of dough)
For pizza sauce:
- Tomato 1 kg
- Onion 2 medium size chopped
- Garlic 5 cloves chopped
- Oregano 1 tablespoons
- Dried basil 1 tablespoons
- Dried Parsley 1 tablespoons
- Black pepper 1 tablespoons
- Sugar 1 tablespoons
- Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons
- Oil 1 tablespoons
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
For pizza topping:
- Chicken 15 small pieces
- Chicken sausage 10 small pieces
- Green Capsicum 8 medium pieces
- Black olive sliced 1/3 cup
- Onion medium-cut fold-out 5 to 6 pieces
- Pizza sauce
- Parmesan cheese, two tablespoons
- Mozzarella cheese as much you like
- Oregano (optional)
- Chili flakes (optional)
For the pizza dough:
- The first step in making pizza dough is to combine the yeast with warm water in a large bowl and add sugar. Let it sit for about 10 minutes until foamy on top. Then add in the flour, oil, and salt and mix well.
- Next, knead your dough by hand for about 8 minutes on a floured surface until smooth and elastic. Place your dough into an oiled bowl or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight before rolling out.
For pizza sauce:
- In a large wok boiled 2 cups water, add tomato and cook for 1 minute. Remove it from hot water, wash it with cold water and remove the skin. Then make a small piece of tomato. Then you have to blend them and make a smooth tomato paste.
- Now, in a pan, put butter and add onion and garlic. Cook them for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Then add the blended tomato paste and other ingredients like oregano, parsley, basil, salt, and sugar. Stir it for 3 minutes, add Parmesan cheese and cook until the sauce becomes thick. Off the flame and keep aside.
For pizza topping:
- The next step is prepping your toppings for Pizza. First, add some butter, small chicken pieces, black pepper, and salt to a pan. The chicken should be cooked until they fried properly.
- Then, cut the onion, black olive, and green capsicum into small pieces, which will be used for Pizza. Then shred the Parmesan and mozzarella cheese as per your like.
Assemble the pizza:
- First, Pre-prepared pizza dough should be taken out of the fridge for a while. Then puncture the air in the dough by kneading once again, smoothen the dough, cut it into three same size balls, and take one dough for one 10 inches pizza.
- Now, in a pizza pan, sprinkle some flour or olive oil and roll out your pizza bread by stretching and pressing the top edge with your fingers and make a thin round pizza bread about 10 inches in diameter or as close to this size as possible.
- Apply the homemade pizza sauces all over the pizza bread, then place the Parmesan cheese, chicken pieces, sausage, onion, capsicum, and olive One after another.
- Then cover it with mozzarella cheese. Add some pizza sauce again. Sprinkle some olive oil on top. (If you like, it adds an extra flavor)
- When you make the Pizza, preheat the oven to 250c slide in your Pizza over the hot baking tray, and bake it at 250c for 10 minutes.
- Your freshly baked chicken Bangladeshi pizza is ready to be served. Sprinkle some oregano and chili flakes to enhance the taste and slice it into as many you would like to share with your family and friends.