If you’re looking for a delicious curry that will fill you up, then you have to try this mutton curry. It’s made with easy-to-find ingredients.
But cooking 5 kg Mutton Curry is not an easy task. It’s a challenging thing to do. It requires a lot of time and effort to cook. So, if you want to cook mutton curry that is 5 kg, you must do the following things.
- Mutton 5 kg
- Onion slices 8 to 10 medium sizes
- Ginger paste 4 tbsp
- Garlic paste 4 tbsp
- Cumin paste 3 tbsp
- Tomato paste ½ cup
- Green chili 7 to 8 pieces
- Red chili powder 3 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 3. 5 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon 6 to 8 medium sticks
- Cardamom 7 to 8 pieces
- Clove 6 to 8 pieces
- Bay leaves 4
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Mustard oil 1.5 cup
- Hot water as required
- Garam masala 2 tsp
- Crushed fried onion ½ cup
- First, wash the mutton pieces well, then separate the meat fat from the mutton. Keep aside for later use.
- Set a large wok on medium flame, add oil, add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and bay leaves, stir them for a second, add onion slice, and cook until golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, cumin paste, and salt. Stir for 5 minutes. Then add red chili powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and the meat fat mix and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or until the raw smell of spices is gone and the oil is separate from the spices.
- Now add mutton and tomato paste, mix well and cook on high flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now, you have to reduce the stove's heat, make it medium flame, and add ½ cup of hot water and sugar. Then cook it for 15 minutes without cover. Keep stirring in intervals.
- When the water reduces, add green chilies and stir them for a minute. Then hot water to cook it for 5 – 7 minutes. Cover and cook for 30 – 40 minutes more or until the mutton is cooked properly and becomes tender and soft. (Keep stirring in intervals.)
- When mutton is cooked, add Garam masala powder and crushed fried onion, mix well and cook for the last 2 minutes. Your 5 kg mutton curry is ready to eat. Served it hot with your favorite side dishes.