Mutton curry is a popular dish in many parts of the world. It is a delicious and versatile dish that can be made with various ingredients.
If you want to make a dish that you know is popular, mutton curry is an excellent option to consider.
This article will teach you how to make the perfect 4 kg mutton curry the right way, using the right ingredients and techniques.
You will be able to create a delicious dish that will change your mind. Let’s get started 4 kg mutton curry recipe step by step.
- Mutton 4 kg
- Onion slices 8 to 10 medium sizes
- Ginger paste 4 tbsp
- Garlic paste 3.5 tbsp
- Green chili 5 to 6 pieces
- Red chili powder 3 tbsp
- Cumin powder 3 tbsp
- Coriander powder 3.5 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 2.5 tbsp
- Cinnamon 4 to 5 medium sticks
- Cardamom 6 to 7 pieces
- Clove 6 to 8 pieces
- Bay leaves 3
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Oil 1 cup
- Hot water as required
- Garam masala 2 tsp
- Crushed fried onion ½ cup
- In a mixing bowl, add mutton, salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder mix well and marinate the mutton for at least 30 to 40 minutes.
- Set a large wok on medium flame, add oil and add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and bay leaves, stir them for a second, add onion slice and cook until golden brown.
- Add marinated mutton and the remaining marinade, mix well and cook on high flame for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Low down the flame add ½ cup of hot water and cook for 20 minutes. Keep stirring in intervals.
- Now add sugar, mix well and cook for 5 minutes, keeping the flame on medium heat while stirring in intervals.
- Add hot water to cook the mutton for 15 – 20 minutes. Now add green chilies. Cover and cook 20 – 25 minutes more or until the mutton is tender and soft. Keep stirring in intervals.
- Now add Garam masala, crushed fried onion, and mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Your 4 kg mutton curry is ready to eat, served hot with Rice, Roti, or Naan.