If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty meal that will fill you up, look no further than this mutton curry recipe.
It is made with a variety of spices and aromatics. This dish is the most discerning of eaters. Whether you’re cooking it for yourself or serving it as a dish for a feast, this recipe is a must-try. So what are you waiting for?
Here is the 20 kg mutton curry recipe step-by-step process.
- Mutton 20 kg
- Onion slice 1 kg
- Ginger paste 1 cup
- Garlic paste 1 cup
- Cumin paste 1 cup
- Tomato paste 1 cup
- Green chili 15 to 20 pieces
- Garam masala paste 2 tbsp (optional)
- Red chili powder 1 cup or as per taste
- Kashmiri red chili powder 4 tbsp
- Coriander powder 8tbsp
- Turmeric powder 8 tbsp
- Cinnamon 12 to 15 medium sticks
- Cardamom 12 to 15 pieces
- Clove 8 to 10 pieces
- Bay leaves 7 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Mustard oil 1 liter
- Hot water as required
- Garam masala powder 3 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder 2 tsp
- Fresh coriander chopped ½ cup
- Take a large pan or wok (for 20kg cooking), add oil and onion slices, and stir it for 2 minutes. Then add cinnamon stick, cardamom, clove, and bay leaves and cook until the onion becomes golden brown.
- Add ginger, garlic, cumin, Garam masala, red chili powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix them well and again cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or the oil is separate from the spices.
- Now add washed mutton pieces and stir them well, So that the spices mix well with the meat and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on high heat.
- Then low down the heat, add tomato and sugar, give a stir and cook the mutton for 5 minutes more.
- Now add hot water as required and the green chilies. Cover the wok and cook until the mutton becomes soft and tender.
- When the mutton is ready, sprinkle some garam masala powder, cumin powder, and fresh coriander. Cook for the last 2 minutes and off the heat.
- Your 20 kg mutton curry is ready. Serve it hot with flavored rice or Roti. (Or you can follow the 10 kg mutton curry recipe, just replace 2 cups fried with 4 cups fried onion.)